Saturday, October 25, 2008

Disclaimer

Hello everyone! Okay, I should have put a disclaimer on my last entry that I was severely sleep-deprived after creating a 26 page computerized portfolio in Photoshop for a design consultatation that I donated for a silent auction for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital in two weekends. I literally went without sleep and even food (and this is me we are talking about!!!) to work a total of thirty-five hours in two weekends to create a portfolio that I hoped would inspire some high bidding in the name of charity. Clearly, I hit the point of insanity.

Well, two break-downs at Kinkos, an insane blog posting, and lots of screaming at Photoshop later, the portfolio was a success. The event was last night and my classmate who asked me for the donation said that it did great at the auction. She wasn't sure about the ending number for the bidding, but I know that I generated at least $100 because that is where they started the bids. I can't wait to hear from the winner. All I know about him is he's a guy. I can't wait to see his space and hear what he is thinking. I will keep all of you posted.

That being said, I had to scan all of my work from school and my free-lance work, so I will be posting a lot in the coming weeks for all of you to see why you never hear from me and I only come out of my hole in between semesters.

I thank all those who expressed concern about my well-being due to my last crazy posting. The men in white suits haven't shown up yet. (Although, I think Sean has been tempted to call them.) It's nice to know people love and care about me. I don't think I could get through the challenges of my hectic schedule without the support of those who are close to me!

No comments: